This piece of writing is dedicated to those friends, who wish to add charm in their busy Life…
Generally, we all have to struggle for existence and growth that we hardly find time or taste for any hobby. Work hard – the only mantra – taught to us from childhood to school days to professional field. Boredom has taken over our mind without permission. Before it occupies our life, Lets’ break this monotony and find ways to Live this beautiful Life with full energy, enthusiasm, excitement and cheerfulness.
Lets’ develop a hobby (any hobby) to regain….Personally I have experienced Cooking as the best Hobby for the following reasons:-
- Explores Creativity: – One can be creative to any extent as per taste and available cooking ingredients. Interesting thing is, You can freely play around with living stuff like fresh vegetables, grains fruits, dairy products etc. Cut, boil, mash or fry them……and still get applauded.
We can give different treatment to the same ingredients every time to get a new dish. Prepare Payasam or Biryani or Pulao or Dosa using Rice as main ingredient or make Chickpea in gravy or Chickpea sprouted salad – depending on mood on a specific day or an occasion.
- Wider Range: – Cooking has widest range to try with. From Snacks to Bread, Soups to Sweets, Breakfast to Dinner, Rice to Pasta, Indian to Chinese to Italian, to Mughlai. Culinary Art is a vast ocean to explore and experiment. Its’ aura, fragrance and taste varies amazingly from regions-to-cultures-to-countries.
- Not an Expensive Hobby: – Cooking requires very less resources to experiment and to test the waters. We all have basic utensils and ingredients at home. It also does not require a specific qualification to try with…. rather, no qualification. Only passion for tasty food is enough.
Anyways, we require at least 3 meals per day; 90 per month; 1095 in a year. It’s wiser to learn cooking.
- Stress Buster: – Cooking is like a meditation. One loves to be engrossed with this and passion for cooking intensifies over the period. Try this when stress, frustration or boredom occupies you. Cooking is also a productive time pass. It gives our mind a break from routine work. It also adds ownership value to your life in terms of hygiene and timings of meals.
- Be Independent: – Knowing this art makes us less dependent on others. One can choose to cook whatever he/she likes to eat today. Of course, various cookery shows on TV and Youtube are helping us freely 24*7 in picking and preparing our menu.
- Hobby as Profession: – This is most amazing hobby that can be taken as a profession at smallest or highest level. One can start it from home kitchen or cook at client side or if have enough funds, with a restaurant. You can start with 2-3 specialized dishes to begin with.
- Appreciation and Following: – You can make a lot of great friends and fans with cooking, in comparison to other hobbies. Good food is our basic need and we all crave for it and ready to spend a good money to satisfy our taste buds.
It brings a feeling of awesomeness, broadens smiles and my heart blossoms, when friends-n-relatives appreciate my dishes/cooking skills. A great sharing value. I have learnt few dishes over a period of time by watching related TV shows and YouTube channels.
My specialties : Pasta Salad, Veg Fried Rice, Cheese and Salad Sandwich, Chickpea, Chilly Mushroom, Corn-Veg-Olive Salad, Rice-Payasam, Shahi-Paneer and Indian Bread (Paranthas), Veg Chipped Rice, Mango Shake and so on….
Take help of Mr. Google to search for your favorite dishes and start with a small step. You will love, I promise.