Past one year, few movies and books have changed my perspective towards Life.
I realized that We, humans, are more connected with Having than Being. Nothing wrong with Having, but Being is truly fulfilling.
To feel fulfilled and explore interesting ideas on my passion for writing short stories, I opted for one week Solo Travel to Tirthan Valley, Kullu – Himachal Pradesh, which rewarded in experiencing few memorable days of my life.
- Trekking and Camping – For the first time, I trekked 30km in 3 days and camped overnight under the stars at Rolla Pass – a notable place for camping – along with the musical sound of Tirthan river flowing nearside. Since it was Offseason in September end, there was no rush of too many tents and I happily enjoyed the mesmerizing travel stories of few passionate travelers.
I liked walking with him for a while but when I clicked with him, he smilingly asked a strange question, “How many dollars will you get by selling my pictures?” Seeing me speechless, my local friend explained him in their native language of no such intention.
I also shared my trek with four carefree but decent Delhi guys, who were happier in their own company rather than enjoying nature to its fullest. They were rushing towards our final destination (a typical Delhi habit) and reached in 3.5 hours for which I rather took 5.5 hours—sitting around waterfalls, writing my experiences, talking to local villagers on the way.
2. Explore Local Culture – During Off-Season, locals are better with time and can comfortably sit with you for long hours to share their culture, their stories, and their food – which I loved the most.
I was surprised to see young and old females carrying big weigh of grass on their back. Out of curiosity, on asking, came to know that this is for their animals; they cut from the nearby green hills, dry it in the sun before winters start so that to feed their animals during snow time. It was a tough life for them.
3. Simplicity and Gesture – During my past few travels to Europe, I observed that people there smile often while crossing one-another on the road, which we don’t in India for our own good reasons. On this trekking, I tried smiling and greeting every person passing on the way.
I was happily giving a chocolate to every child on meeting the way. At one such time, the mother of the child also returned her greetings and thankfulness by giving me an apple from her bag full of fruits and grocery items. Touched me.
4. Better Services in economy– During Offseason, charges for stay, food and other services are comparatively lesser with more choices. You can expect more personalized services because of less crowd of tourists. Lesser jam-packed places also facilitate you to relax better in a more tranquil environment.
5. Following Passion — I am following my passion for writing stories. It was perfect place and timings to be with myself and focus on getting ideas. A relaxed and a happy mind gives you surprising solutions and being close to Nature, ideas start fructifying. I managed to write few interesting plots and noted better ideas for my upcoming project.
Every beautiful travel destination is full of interesting stories. Visit there to find one which connects you with your true-Self…. or helps you to create one and live forever.